All talks will be in room 100 of the Jackman Humanities Building (JHB), the building that houses the University of Toronto’s philosophy department. JHB is located downtown at 170 St. George St. (opposite the St. George subway station if you're arriving by transit).
There are two airports that serve Toronto. Pearson International Airport (YYZ) is Toronto’s major airport. From Pearson, it takes approximately 40 minutes via cab to get to downtown Toronto ($60-$70), or one hour on public transportation ($6).Toronto’s smaller airport is Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport (YTZ). Billy Bishop is located on the Toronto Islands, in downtown Toronto. From Billy Bishop, it takes under 15 minutes to get to most locations within downtown Toronto via cab, or 30 minutes on public transportation.
There are many options for accommodation within the vicinity of JHB. Here are a few suggestions:
- Spadina 11 Guesthouse , located at 11 Spadina Road, is a six minute walk from JHB ($97/night).
- Hotel 89 Toronto , located at 89 Avenue Road, is an 11 minute walk from JHB ($152/night).
- The Downtown Home Inn Bed and Breakfast , located at 2 Monteith St., is a 25 minute walk from JHB ($129/night).
- There are also many airbnb options in the area: here, here, and here. for example.
Coffee & Food
There are plenty of options near the conference, here are a few. Follow the links for directions; (V) = good vegetarian options.
- Ali Baba's, 12 minutes (V)
- Pita Q, 5 minutes (V) *minimal seating
- Food trucks on St. George by Robarts Library (with benches and grassy spots nearby), 5 minutes
- Potbelly Sandwich Shop, 6 minutes (V)
- The Host (Indian), 6 minutes (V)
- Bedford Academy (Pub food), 5 minutes
- Fresh (Vegan/Vegetarian), 5 minutes (V) *often busy & loud during peak lunch/dinner hours
- Sushi Maido, 7 minutes
- Thai Basil, 8 minutes (V)
- Kenzo Ramen, 7 minutes
- Harvest Kitchen (locally sourced comfort food and vegetarian), 12 minutes (V)
- Bar Mercurio (Italian), 1 minute (V)
- Mother’s Dumplings (dumplings/dim sum), 17 minutes (V)